I’m usually something of a completionist when it comes to achievements for living story and the like, so I’ve surprised myself this Wintersday but only completing just over half of the related achievements. The ones I haven’t done relate to the activities in Tixx’s Infinirarium, which I was around to complete the previous year and the snowball mayhem game. I managed to conquer the Wintersday jumping puzzle, an improvement on my performance last year, and enjoyed the bell choir too, but all things considered I hope that next Wintersday we see a change to the activities related to it, perhaps a new story to accompany it. Who knows, will it be a Canthan Wintersday next year….? (Only joking, we all know that’s not going to happen).
Goodbye Tixx, see you next year?
I’ve visited the Dead End a few times during the holidays, checking out the decorations and chatting with the NPCs. Today I remembered to actually take a screenshot of the place, I love that Anet gave this place a bit of holiday flair and that it’s getting used as an ‘evolving’ area in the game.
Wintersday at the Dead End
Fingers crossed for some Living Story related news from Arenanet tomorrow. In the meantime Wintersday is drawing to a close, if you have outstanding achievements for A Very Merry Wintersday or The Nightmare Within there is a week left to finish them off. I know I will be focussing some time this week to helping Tixx with his rampant toys, something I’ve been neglecting the past few weeks.
NEWSFLASH! – Asuran tornado devastates diorama
I hope that the majority of my 365 screenshots will reflect the fun and adventures I’m having in game that day. However, as I hold out hope that this will be the Year of Horizontal Progression, I thought I would start with a snapshot of where I am with some of my achievements. I want to be able to look back at this post in 12 months time and see how far I’ve come, whilst having all my fun and adventures.
This place where I am.
Not everything can be reflected in one screenshot, so just to add to the record at the start of this project, I wanted to note the following.
- I have played for 2590 hrs, 1647 on my main character, over the 472 days I have been in Tyria. Oh and my main had died 1787 times 😦
- I currently have 15 character slots occupied; 7 level 80’s and a level 56 Ranger representing one of every profession and an additional 7 low level characters awaiting levelling. In total there are 10 female characters and 5 male and one of each armour class in each race.
- My fractal level is 23, my WvW rank on my main is 64 and my PvP level is 3 (!) Achievement points stand at 10,217 and Magic Find at 107% (101 from luck, 6 from AP).
- I need 3 dungeon paths for my Dungeon Master title; Aetherblade path in TA and paths 1 and 4 in Arah.
- I have mastered all crafts, up to 500 where available, and am working slowly at gearing out my main with ascended armour and additional ascended weapons – currently I have one ascended staff and a pile of T7 mats I can’t decide whether to sell or use…
- I have crafted one legendary – Incinerator – and am working on a second, as yet undecided.
Bring it on 2014 – I am not afraid!