One more sleep till the Gates of Maguuma patch – soooo excited.
Early May saw me reconnect with old characters as well as making new ones (yes, I realise my altaholism is becoming a real problem!).
Most notably, May saw the return of the Zephyrites and the route to the Labyrinthine Cliffs reopened much to everyone’s delight (and occasionally death-plummeting frustration). This time they returned with the intention of helping us rebuild and resupply Lion’s Arch, or so they claimed…
The Cliffs reappeared more beautiful than ever and screenshots were a must.
The only other thing to note about May was my decision to for a third legendary and therefore a need to complete 100% World again for new gifts of exploration. At first it seemed a bit of a chore but actually, with the added benefit of megaservers, I enjoyed revisiting those rarely seen corners of the world.
Depending on what our new Season 2 content is like in the coming days/weeks/months some of my levelling characters may not get a lot of game time – so today was spent pushing on through some personal story missions.
[Had this one all ready to go yesterday and then forgot to publish!]
Despite it being back in (limited) operation for a few weeks I’ve still not really had a good look round Lion’s Arch since it reopened for business. The amount of wreckage strewn about the city is impressive, and large…very, very large.
I don’t have a screenie for everyday in the months that I failed to post, but I’ve gathered together the ones I had taken and put them into the Monthly Galleries. During April and through to the beginning of May my time was mainly occupied with renovation, a two week well-earned holiday in Cornwall and finally an intensive two weeks of house hunting. As a result my in game adventures were rather limited, but such as they were…
The WvW Spring Tournament was getting under way at the start of April and so when I was able to get in game I spent much of my time roaming the borderlands or zerging round the Edge of the Mists. I was pleased to see that two weeks of hard work paid off with both completing the meta as well as developing my skills on WvWing with my guard.
I also found a little time during April to start a new character (yes, another one…) – this time an engineer named Poppy. She seems to like using pistols and turrets at the moment but I’m hoping to experiment with her a bit more as she levels. She also decided early on she didn’t much care for the mohawk hairstyle.
What time I had left in game was often just spent admiring the scenery.
So I let this project slide into a deep dark hole for just under three months but I have made myself a mid-year resolution to resurrect it and try to make it through the second half of the year with some consistency. I have most definitely still been playing GW2 and I have been taking screenshots too, just not been doing anything with them. I may go back through and post up a few from the missing months, but for now I’m just going to start with a review – modeled on my original post – so that I can see what I’ve achieved so far this year and also things I still want to get done.
- I have played for 3216 hrs, 1967 on my main character, over the 647 days I have been in Tyria. Oh and my main has now died 1949 times 😦
- I currently have 20 character slots occupied; 9 level 80′s representing one of every profession (and an extra Guardian) and an additional 10 mid to low level characters awaiting levelling. The final occupied slot currently belongs to my key farmer. In total there are 13 female characters and 7 male and at least one of each armour class in each race. I have also been inspired by this player (Emberfoot) who has managed to level an 80 of every race in every profession – this is my new goal…
- My fractal level is still 23, my WvW rank on my account is 143 and my PvP level is (still) 3 (!) Achievement points stand at 12,382 and Magic Find at 139% (132 from luck, 7 from AP).
- I still need 2 dungeon paths for my Dungeon Master title; Aetherblade path in TA and path 4 in Arah.
- I have mastered all crafts, up to 500 where available, and have geared out my main with ascended armour, weapons and trinkets – My next goal is to produce a set of heavy and a set of medium ascended armour – praise Anet that these are now account bound.
- I have finished crafting my second legendary (Sunrise) and am currently working towards the Bifrost.
- And since the wardrobe feature has been introduced since I started this project I thought it might be fun to record my current stats – I’d like to start collecting missing dungeon and cultural skins and then see what gaps I have left. I currently have unlocked 672 armour skins, 35 backpieces, 320 weapons and 8 outfits for a total of 1035 skins unlocked.